Installing Subversion on Windows for use with Oracle Jdeveloper.Versions I used (Note that these versions are certified by Oracle. Using other versions might not work):
- Jdeveloper : 10134 (10.1.3.4.0.4270)
- Subversion VCS Extension: 10.1.3.42.70
- Subversion: 1.3.2.
- Subversion JavaHL: 1.3.2
1. Download the following files:
- subversion_bundle.zip from above links.
2. Install subversion (svn-1.3.2-setup.exe).
3. Extract the contents of svn-win32-1.3.2_javahl.zip to a temporary folder, and copy libsvnjavahl-1.dll & svnjavahl.jar to the subversion bin folder. (Mine was C:\Program Files\Subversion\bin)
4. Edit environment variables svn_editor to point at a text editor of your choice.
5. Create a directory for your repo, and your repo.
|svnadmin create "c:\repos\mynewrepo"|
6. Within that newly created folder, uncomment the following lines in the conf/svnserve.conf file by removing the pound character from the start of each line and change to:
|anon-access = none|
auth-access = write
password-db = passwd
7. Edit passwd file.
- Remove the default users.
- Add users in the format uname = password one per line.
8. Start Subverstion. Run (and keep window open)
|svnserve --daemon --root "c:\repos\mynewrepo"|
You can also write a .bat file and put it in your system startup to start the svn automatically. Mine looked something like this: (Note you might want to add your svn's bin folder to your path environment variable)
|start svnserve.exe --daemon --root "c:\repos\mynewrepo"|
9. In another command window type:
|svn mkdir svn://localhost/myproject|
- Your svn_editor of choice should open so add a comment at the top, then save and close it.
- In the command prompt window it should ask you to authenticate.
- It defaults to the current logged in username so unless you created that user hit return to skip.
- Enter the username of a user you added in the passwd file.
- Enter the password.
- You should see "committed revision 1". - This means your subversion is up and running.
10. Open JDeveloper.
- Go to Help -> Check for updates -> Choose from file, and choose the subversion_bundle.zip you downloaded above.
- Go to Versioning -&amp;amp;gt; Select Version System -> Subversion
- Go to View -> Subversion Navigator
- In the navigator, right click on Subversion -> New repository connection
- Fill in your details and test your connection.
- Click ok and start using subversion!